When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

typhoon conversion or bust

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinnzer

'Lil Knee Scuffer
A052910B-31CF-417C-A990-90776D900094.jpeg
Trying to convert my 68 typhoon, already put a two speed yellow band hub, chrome s7s, solid neck, not looking for much, chain guard , forks, front rack, and whatever else..... I'm not even sure what to convert it too. Probably not a tank bike. Any help , advice is greatly appreciated. I do have the correct bars, but they do not allow my skateboard to ride along, so I swap em periodically.

Maybe I didn't specify.........typhoons were made with cheap parts, forks , goose neck was folded rather than solid, wheels weren't chrome etc. so most convert to a better model since the frame is the same etc, I would never re-paint any bike , unless it was already re-painted . This question was directed to anyone with knowledge about typhoon conversions. But thanks for your opinion on the paint.

They only offered four middleweights in 1968... Panther, Deluxe Typhoon, Typhoon and Heavy-Duty. The Panther was top of the line but the frame was different to support the slimline tank.

That's a bummer. Well I guess it will remain an upgraded typhoon. Thanks for answering my question. I probably should have checked the catalog on that year. Not a very good selection of middleweights in 1968. At least it rides like a panther. Hahaha

Back