When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Typhoon makeover

-

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
This bike was originally put together from a pile of parts leftover from a 64 HollyWood on a 68 Deluxe Typhoon frame. Excellent rider. Yesterday I decided to switch things up because I wanted more nice chrome with the blue. Looks great in the bright sunshine now. Added fenders and bars from a 71 Typhoon, Chainguard from a 63 Corvette, 52 D-13 S-2 wheelset with balloon tires, 64 Traveller seat. Fun little project, before and after pics.

I Just got this 69' "Mean Green" The fenders have seen better days I'm going to leave them off the wheels are chrome and are going to clean up nice I will run the slightly larger 2 inch tires.The handle bars are smoked not sure what to put on. First year of Mag sprocket, strange stem I have not t seen it before.

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

Here are some pictures of my Typhoon make over from a few years ago.

Here's what I pulled from an old horse trailer.

Here's where it wound up. A guy in my area has a Harbor Freight English wheel with which he can roll fenders. That and a lot of aluminum foil on the surface rust. I did spring for tires, a seat, grips, paint, and decals. Otherwise it was all brought back from what came from the horse trailer.

Back