When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

U.S WWII Bicycle Tool Kit Tools

-

milbicycleman

Finally riding a big boys bike
I was wondering where the best place to look for original U.S WWII bicycle tools for the tool kit is? I know they are very rare, I am just trying to get an idea of where to look.

Johans site shows what might have been carried. http://www.theliberator.be/militarybicycles.htm. I do not believe that any of them were Military issued or marked as such. I have found them on ebay at yard sales and here on the cabe. The Morrow wrench although not the rarest thing doesn't show up all that often. But if you check out bergerwerke.com Al offers a repro one. I have one of his and it is a very nice copy. The adjustable wrenches are found rather easily and can be had for only a couple bucks.
Good luck with the search.
Tom

This picture of the toolbag and tools from my collection will be used in the September issue of the French Militaria Magazine in an article on the G519 I wrote for them...

It shows inner tubes, NOS toolbag, Morrow Brake wrench, Screwdriver, and Adjustable Bicycle Wrench with a period Tire Patch kit and repro pump made by Ken Boice of Historic Reproductions roughly 10 years ago...

G519Tools-1.jpg

I know that the adjustable wrench wasn't listed as a standard accessory, but was there any brand/model most commonly used?

Questmasters Museum shows this one for example.

G519_Bicycle_Tools_QuestMasters_Museum.jpg

This picture of the toolbag and tools from my collection will be used in the September issue of the French Militaria Magazine in an article on the G519 I wrote for them...

It shows inner tubes, NOS toolbag, Morrow Brake wrench, Screwdriver, and Adjustable Bicycle Wrench with a period Tire Patch kit and repro pump made by Ken Boice of Historic Reproductions roughly 10 years ago...

View attachment 596626

Hello;
In addition, there are also:
WAKEFIELD'S "UNIQUE" WRENCH
MOSSBERG A4

Regards;
Serge

Hi Johan,

Is there any chance that Ken Boice of Historic Reproductions is still making the repro tire pump?

Regards,
Bob

Back