When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UG White General Store Schwinn Cycle Truck.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jkent

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I took a trip to the county next to where I live and to be honest I have been around this area most all my life and as a teenager this is the area I used to hang out at the square. Me and my wife was over there to look for a bigger building for our antique store. Or to maybe even open up another store. but as we drove around the square I noticed a Schwinn Cycle Truck up in the front window of an old general store and of corse I hooked a U turn and about threw my wife out of her seat...... She said " What is it? Are the cops after us or something?"
I said no I seen an old bicycle in the window of that store back there. She just laughed and said I should have known.
So we turned around and went in to look around and to get a closer look at the bicycle. And when we got in the store, It was like stepping back in time.... OOOoooohhh how I love crap like that.
Well I asked the girl behind the counter if I could talk to someone about the bicycle in the front window. She said sure and went to get someone. Well the owner of the store was the grandson of the original owner that started the store back in the early 1900's
I asked him about the bike and he said he remembered riding the bicyle back in the 40's and 50's delivering small orders to locals.
The store bought the bicycle brand new for just that purpose. Anyway me and the owner talked for about an hour but I just couldn't bring myself to even ask if the bike was for sale. I really feel like the bicycle obviously means alot to him and it is just where it should be.
Here are a few pictures.

IMG_4743.jpg
IMG_4744.jpg
IMG_4745.jpg
IMG_4746.jpg

Cool story,good for you for not asking if it was for sale . Like you said,the bike is where it belongs.

VERY Cool! That is an incredible story, and it's nice to see something that is still where it belonged back when it was in service. Thanks for taking the time to post it, and for paying attention and catching the bike to begin with.

Wow!

REC

Back