When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ugly Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Does that mean I win? :D

It's not a contest. But if it were, it wouldn't be over yet, so it's hard to say. Maybe a contest would be a good idea and Vince's Cheetos Bike could be the GRAND PRIZE, since that's the bike that started this thread in the first place.

Ugly is a broad category and without some qualifiers many bikes could be considered ugly for several divergent reasons.

A bike could be ugly only because the aftermarket accessory porta-potty unit fitted to the bike throws off the aesthetic balance of the bike as a whole.

Another personal judgment call would be to consider a bike ugly because the frame and sheetmetal do not contribute to a pleasing overall effect. Early 50’s Shelby airflows, much like the Cheeto’s bike, have been singled out and derided by some in previous threads on this site for that reason. Similarly some factory and some home paint schemes and colors are not to everyone’s taste.

Or; a bike could be considered ugly just for having more or less patina than is preferred by the observer. This seems to be where many of the posts so far are coming from featuring bikes that look to have been left to the elements too long.

Lastly, I suppose, bikes could be deemed ugly for just possessing a mean streak. I have a MK IV Jag that I refuse to ride anymore because the 3-Speed has a nasty habit of shifting into neutral at exact the wrong moment.

Oh, and Dave, your engraved invitation to LeMay (for you, your girl's Schwinn, and one guest) is in the mail. Please remember to empty the holding tank before arriving at the event as there are no sanitary connections available at the Concours.

Ugly Schwinn

I think this is our ugliest bike

IMG_0485.jpg

I think this is our ugliest bike

View attachment 58871

Thats not ugly to me, I love good patina like that. I thought this thread was a great idea but like Phil said its turning more into a rust bucket parade then anything else . If rusty patina is considered ugly then my Huffman is a definite qualifier, but I happen to think its the most beautiful bike I've ever owned . Lets not forget that beauty , or ugliness for that matter is in the eye of the beholder :)

Do you ride it?

This would be good for rideable bikes, i mean you know it's ugly but you ride it anyway, the ones you will lie and say that's not my bike, or it belongs to a friend. Any body have any of those bikes?

This would be good for rideable bikes, i mean you know it's ugly but you ride it anyway, the ones you will lie and say that's not my bike, or it belongs to a friend. Any body have any of those bikes?

That's good. I do ride my patched together Colson, and I like that she's not all pretty and everything. Sure rides good though!

Back