When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultra rare: 1937 Glidacycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ok I didn’t want to say anything but I just couldn’t resist...here’s mine. It’s a old resto. It’s a weird bike for sure..ahead of it’s time.
F426D830-3822-4941-8D6C-578BEA0CBAD8.jpeg

315541C1-E863-4692-B71F-00AF3EE016BD.jpeg

282DF4D5-AD8F-408D-B973-8FFD7C97BEEB.jpeg

A3C85040-45A9-4B86-A685-6DE974F573AB.jpeg

CB759133-5BCC-46F0-9C11-34366FEC78AC.jpeg

What does the long shaft with the knob thingy do?

If you study the drawing of the bike, you'll see a cable that runs forward. In the pictures of the restored bike you can see the cable attached to the pedals. It appears, to me anyway, that the "gears" are in reality moving the pedals, which are attached to a sleeve, up and down the drive lever. You get different "speeds" by changing the throw on the pedals and consequently the drive lever. With the pedal at the bottom you'd get a lot of swing for starting or going up hill (levers, one of the seven basic tools.) As you get the bike moving, you pull back on the gear shift lever which slides the pedals up the drive lever and you don't have to move your legs as far to get the lever to make a complete swing.

I think the demise and poor sale were due to its advanced design and difficulty in changing the rear tire....oh man what a pain it was setting up that chain.

Back