When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncommon Vintage Painted Sovereign Service Shield Tin Gas Station Sign

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

alecburns

Finally riding a big boys bike
Sovereign Service was a marketing group started by Derby, Kanotex, Vickers and a few other companies in the Midwest. The SS shield held the station to higher standard of quality (like AAA). Most stations would have both the Brand, like Derby, along with the SS shield signs at the station while a select few only had the Sovereign Service Sign. I believe this sign was from one of the few exclusive Sovereign gas stations, because most of the classifier signs stated "Sovereign Quality", whilst this sign says "Sovereign Service". It is a classic, rare piece of Americana.

This is a double sided pre-1960 painted tin sign, this fan has dealt with it's fair share of turmoils, as you can tell from the photos. One of the two sides is not salvageable, but the better side is in good condition aside from the the bullet holes and the rusting areas. Would make a great sign for display in the garage or or n your Petroliana collection. Add the special "Sovereign Service" quality to your collection!

Can be shipped, or picked up.
*Heavy and oversized pieces ship freight, there is a fixed shipping rate for this item of $100.00 within the United States.

Dimensions are...
35 1/2" x 30"

$395.00 + Shipping

upload_2017-4-28_19-9-55.jpeg

Last edited:
could I see the other side please, also FYI I just shipped a slightly larger sign via USPS, certainly not a freight item.

Back