When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unforeseen consequences for Brexiteers... Brooks Saddles in particular

-

Andrew Gorman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Now that the brits have "regained their sovereignty" (obviously, I am not a fan) it has become difficult for them to buy a Brooks saddle because Brooks was sold off to Selle Italia, who consolidated their distribution in the EU closer to the home office. I wonder how many more of these glitches will be turning up in the near future. Even William Shatner weighed in in the article! Actions, especially poorly thought out and misleadingly advertised actions can have consequences:

1609656071890.png

I think there are still probably enough stocks in UK retailers stores to supply anyone who wants one for many years, possibly decades; judging by the numbers of their new products one actually sees in use over here.
I think that this grumbling from certain manufacturers may relate to their willingness to avoid paying taxes due in the countries where their income is earned.
Nothing really to do with 'Brexit', more an affront to their seemingly unimpeachable right to do as they please.
Forgive my ranting, I'm not pro our leaving Europe as such, but I am very anti big business hiding their official headquarters away in tax havens to avoid paying due taxes like the rest of us.
Let's not forget that 12 of the smaller EU countries recently blocked an attempt to force companies to pay correct taxes due.
12 countries that contribute very little to the EU economy, but take much from it, and who sometimes offer beneficial tax regimes to big business.
Anyway, enough politics, ride your bikes.

Last edited:
Personally, I think all of their current products are way overpriced!
But quality is quality and they don't have that many competitors.

dnc1,
Thanks for clearing that up. The weird part to me is how many things we see in the media that simply aren’t true.
Ted
Every media source has its own agenda, you have to be able to take a step back and look at them all I think.

Back