When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unidentified pre-war women's skip tooth

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

F4iGuy

Finally riding a big boys bike
So I've started dissembling the unidentified pre-war women's skip tooth. Just as I thought....the fork is bent but it's at the steerer tube just before the fork crown. So far I have found a stamp on the fork steerer tube, maybe this will help identify it. Also the handlebar stem has the plunger style stopper in the end of it. I recognize this style of handlebar stem from working on old French bikes.

Attachments

• PB090186.jpg
    PB090186.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 165
  • PB090197.jpg
    PB090197.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 148
  • PB090198.jpg
    PB090198.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 149
  • PB020171.jpg
    PB020171.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 165
  • PB020174.jpg
    PB020174.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 147
  • PB020173.jpg
    PB020173.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 145
  • PB020172.jpg
    PB020172.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Welded fork

Is it just me? Or does the bottom of the steerer appear to have been soldered on?? I haven't taken my Orient apart yet so I am a bit unfamiliar with the old metal working but this just looks sloppy!

Looks Westfield built; the fork is their style. So it could be Elgin, Columbia?

Looks Westfield built; the fork is their style. So it could be Elgin, Columbia?

The guy i bought it from said he thought it was also a Columbia. The head badge is missing but there is a slight outline where it once was. I'll see if i can't get a better picture of that posted up this evening.

Possibly made by Davis Sewing Machine Company

From the looks of the crank and sprocket I'd say Davis is the manufacturer. Davis made Dayton. Pretty sure that's what your bike is- but others know better than me.

Tommy

http://imgur.com/H19CI

Last edited:
From the looks of the crank and sprocket I'd say Davis. Also the construction of the forks looks a lot like my old bike which is Davis. Mine says Miami Cycle Company, but I think it was made by Davis. I'd like to ask the forum about that.
Guys, is it true Miami Cycle bikes were Davis made? Could this bike be Miami Cycle also?
Tommy

http://imgur.com/H19CI

NICE!!! That crank looks exactly like mine, though i have never heard of Miami Cycle Company nor Davis...

how about a picture of the whole quill

Please take some pics of the side view of the stem.
Tommy

Last edited:
Please take some pics of the side view of the stem.
Tommy

Tommy,
Do these help?? Would you mind sharing more pictures of your bike that may be similar to this one?

-Curtis

Attachments

• PB180210.jpg
    PB180210.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 110
  • PB180208.jpg
    PB180208.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Back