When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Union Front Hub Vintage

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dougfisk

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Has anyone else ever seen a "Union" "Made in Germany" front hub on a '36 vintage (US made )bike? This is installed in a triple-step rim and the spokes and nipples all look to be correct vintage... this is a first for me. Notice it did not say "West" Germany...

Never in anything that old. It seems the German hubs made their way here in the late fifties and held the market through the 70s. Pictures?

Never in anything that old. It seems the German hubs made their way here in the late fifties and held the market through the 70s. Pictures?

My experience as well. Even on English bikes, the Union stuff I've seen was mostly 1970s era.

Many of your common "Schwinn Approved" pedals and front hubs, especially, were built by Union too.

Likely built an original hoop around a newer hub. Could have originally had a Musselman pot metal front hub and the shell fractured. Once you start talking 70-80 year old stuff, anything could have happened to that original hub.

Back