When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unique Reflector

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TFScott

On Training Wheels
Can anyone tell me a time period or information about this style reflector? It appears to be dented tin or medal on back side and just a plastic like film on the front. I am guessing it was an after market hardware style purchase because it was made by MPLS Tool and Die in Minneapolis MN, but they have long been closed and there is not information on them either. I have done internet research but have never seen one like it. All are either glass or heavier plastic where this one seems that the reflection is suppose to be the dented medal and the red film just makes it appear red.
IMG-1840.jpg
IMG-1841.jpg
IMG-1842.jpg

Most likely not bicycle but some other use. I have seen them used on fence posts, boats, old farm wagons and tractors. The Gambles store where I grew up in Minnesota in the 1950s/60s had a draw full of different colors including yellow, green, blue, white and orange. Roger

That could be correct... I never really thought of it, but usually those have a hole in the center and this one has a tag on it for fender connections. I pulled it from this tandem when I rebuilt it years ago because I knew it was not part of the original. It turned out to be a rebadge too as there was originally another hole under the lasalle badge and probably rebranded in the 20's.

LaSalle Tandem RS.jpg

Back