When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unique Triangle Sprocket Featherstone, 1896?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

carlalotta

Finally riding a big boys bike
I got this incredible 1896(?) Featherstone bicycle for Christmas. It has a very strange triangle sprocket with an off-set rear sprocket. The sprocket system has a three to one ratio. When the peddle sprocket is rotated to the low point the rear sprocket is off-set to the rear to keep the slack out of the chain. I have never seen anything like this. It is not homemade. Anyone have any information on this bicycle?
IMG_0226-1.jpg

IMG_0223-1.jpg

IMG_0222-1.jpg

http://s963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/carlalotta/?action=view&current=IMG_0227.mp4

Bizarre! Very cool, looks like someone was playing with. Elliptical a long time ago!

WOW!!!!!!!! Never seen anything like that and no clue but it is super cool. Now that is a chainring that will draw some stares!!!!!

Wow indeed!! Just when you think you've seen everything, something else presents itself - very, very cool.

Nice! I have a 93 Columbia (project) Century with an elliptical sprocket, an 1898? IDE (also project) tandem with curved spring cranks, a dual position elliptical Rocket Sprocket, I've never seen a triangular one...

Very different and unique to say the least. I'd love to just see a video

of that pedaling on those stands just to get an idea of how the whole

contraption works.......

Back