When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Univega 1978 men's Viva Sport, 54cm frame, Seattle area

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Chotii

On Training Wheels
Based on the serial number, I believe this bike was made in 1978. Its solid steel frame Univega cruiser was made in Japan. It has lugged construction (maybe cro-mo?). I believe all parts are original and stock: Suntour deraileur, Road Champion drop handlebars, KKT RT-SF pedals, Dia Compe caliper brakes. I believe the tires are 27"; the frame is 54cm. Bike comes with sheepskin seat cover shown. $200. I am not a bike person so if I get some of the terminology wrong, I'm sorry and will happily be taught better.

Bike needs to be tuned up and the rubber Univega marked tires are perished with age, but the wheels seem okay/not warped. The gears and brakes need to be tuned up. I haven't been able to lift the bike to test the deraileur due to a shoulder injury. The chrome areas show some pitting but there's very little rust or other damage. Has been stored dry.

Will gladly meet halfway in Seattle area, *during daylight hours only in a public location such as a McDonald's, Starbucks, 7-11, grocery store parking lot*.

I am also happy to ship but will need to be talked through the process.

I have a matching 1977 woman's bike, 49cm frame. Will sell separately or together.

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG
IMG_0509.JPG

Back