When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
T

toehead

I have this bike and it has no writing on it. Has Been painted once. Would like to fix it up or sell it. Any Info is more than what i have. Thanks
attachment.php

All kinds of stuff out there removes paint. It just kinda depends on what kind of paint it has. One option is to try and gently remove the non original paint you could end up with perfectly acceptable original paint, maybe even decals, it doesn't hurt to be optimistic. I'll post a link to a thread on this forum about removing house paint.
I believe your bike is a Murray possibly a Flightliner, missing a tank. The sprocket looks wrong - too small and the wrong style, probably takes off quick and is not as bad on hills however. It's not bad as a bar hopper or crusty cruiser as is sits.

here is the link http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?6223-Paint-Removal-Dilema

The pointy rear dropouts ID this as made by Murray. They made this style frame from 1958 to the 90s! I think yours was made for Sears because of the chainguard style. That, and the rear rack suggest it's a Flightliner model from 1960 or later. There should be numbers on the brake arm side rear dropout. I'd bet it has 'MOD 502' stamped on one side of the axle, then a 2nd 4 or 5 digit number, and then a 3rd number on the long end. The 2nd is the Sears catalog #, and you can sometimes match that to a certain year catalog page! The 3rd # is the sequential serial #.

502 463010 057542 is stamped on the frame. Its has a tab between the upper bar and the curved bar in the middle on the front down bar. Looks like it had a tank at one time. Any ideas on value? Easy to get a tank? Thanks

502 463010 057542 is stamped on the frame. Its has a tab between the upper bar and the curved bar in the middle on the front down bar. Looks like it had a tank at one time. Any ideas on value? Easy to get a tank? Thanks

46301 is the cat.# for a 63 Flightliner! Original color was red, and it had a tank with twin headlites in it. (tough to find) I have a later 60s version of the same bike, photobucket won't let me log in right now to post it here. I'll try later. As is, since it's missing so many correct parts, (tank, pedals, seat, possible rims and fenders) that it's worth maybe $50. Fixed up, they get close to $300, depending on ebay hysteria!

Dang I was hoping i made a big find. I bought it at a swap meet a year ago for $20. It runs great and has a Stewart Warner Cadet Speed-o. Its great for flat land but the hills kill me. I just ordered a new Micargi Retro Rover 7-speed. I think i will keep the Flightliner and maybe fix it up as a custom. I can do metal work so maybe make a tank if you guys could send me some good pictures of your tanks. Thanks. Now I will be looking at yard sales for these cool old bikes. Thanks for all the info.
Thinking about taking the back rack and putting it on my new bike. After i paint it.

Um, Adam...that is a basic Sears cruiser. The Sears Flightliner varies a bit.

Can you get us a picture of the rear fender and the front fender? Also, what brand of brakes does it have? We can tell you if those are correct. If so, you may only need a seat, sprocket (EASY to find, used that part on many bikes for many years), tank, and a few little odds and ends.

By the way, I think I have a working tank I can sell you. I'll have to see if it is the right one though.

It has bendix red line rear hub. I will get fender pictures soon. I hope the tank works. How much? P.M. me if you can on these forums. Thanks

Back