When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown chrome frame

-
Thank for the photo in that gear configuration. I was surprised Velobase spec'd 38t max cog, but I'm a believer now. That ring guard certainly provides a sharp look to it. Makes me want to see with "caterpillar" decals given its yellow livery.

Okay @J-wagon , all cogs over 24t look big to me. I rechecked velobase and disraeli gears; both state 30t cog, 28 wrap. Also makes sense why that cage isn't as "flat" as I'd thought it would be with a bigger rear cog. It's my dyslexic brain combining the two numbers. That, or I was researching another RD and got confused; most likely the former reason!
I have not heard anything else about the chrome frame. Hoping the guy would give me the serial number to compare formats. I went to the BMX museum site to see if I could find something similar. I made the mistake of signing up just to post the photos and found out you need to be a "PRO" member and pay $20 to post pics directly so I blew it off, but an administrator (nice dude!) emailed me and he has the photos now so I may get something back from him. I wasn't prepared to pay for researching another's bike; I'd do it here since I pretty much rely on this site for info on my road bike herd.

1641275006855.png

Paying attention to the rear forks and connection points, I'm thinking you have uncovered a BMX Products ATB, akin to the Mongoose models above.
The forks are Tange.

View attachment 1541310

Paying attention to the rear forks and connection points, I'm thinking you have uncovered a BMX Products ATB, akin to the Mongoose models above.
The forks are Tange.
Not bmx products.they have very nice welds. The welds on this definitely say lowered end or overseas.fork is not a tange.the angled bottom and small bottom hole on dropout are akisu or akusa.tange forks dont have an axle retaining washer hole.

It’s an ‘Eagle Rider’. Imported to the west coast by Pacific cycles in the mid 80s. Pacific cycles also imported Nishiki, Cycle Pro, and a handful of others.
I previously had one. I will try to find pictures and will edit to add them.

Edit for pics—

When I found mine-

After I rebuilt it to sell it-

And, another one I found with the headbadge in place, (which is how I know what they were badged as)-

^this one was for sale in SoCal for quite some time.

Was a good riding bike for what it was. Saw the dude I sold mine to a few weeks later, it had been stolen. Bummer.

Last edited:
Back