When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown Decal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
I've got a Raleigh roadster with a decal on the front fender. I've asked before, but no one recognizes it. SIrMike has never seen it before, so I assume it isn't a stock item.
IMG_3112.JPG

I was approached at the SF weekend by a fellow CABE member telling me he's just seen another one on a bike. Here it is. Looks a bit like a furry cyclops on a wheel propelling himself with his knuckles. But it isn't a furry guy. There's some sort of orbital reference. Can't figure it out.

IMG_3033.JPG

This way makes more sense. The paws now look to be holding handlebars. But still no idea what it's supposed to be. Anybody got a clue?
IMG_3033.JPG

-----

In the second transfer the way the arms are segmented appears to have been done to suggest a creature with an exoskeleton such as insects and crustaceans exhibit.

If one takes the first transfer to show a face it somewhat resembles Popeye The Sailor Man or perhaps that of a pirate.

My guess is that it will turn out to be an aftermarket transfer of the type boys could buy in sheets BITD.

BTW - what market doth the machine hail from? If, for example, it was originally sold in the U.K. the creature shown may be one who was known to every boy in Britain at one time but is unknown in North America.

-----

Last edited:
-----

In the second transfer the way the arms are segmented appears to have been done to suggest a creature with an exoskeleton such as insects and crustaceans exhibit.

If one takes the first transfer to show a face it somewhat resembles Popeye The Sailor Man or perhaps that of a pirate.

My guess is that it will turn out to be an aftermarket transfer of the type boys could buy in sheets BITD.

BTW - what market doth the machine hail from? If, for example, it was originally sold in the U.K. the creature shown may be one who was known to every boy in Britain at one time but is unknown in North America.

-----
Good point, but no dice. The good condition decal in on an American middleweight. The rough one is on my Raleigh that was an export model from England, but this is conjecture. I'm with you on the sheets of transfers. The good one is on a bike that had 3, but 2 of them are mostly gone.

Back