When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown Find

-

StingrayRider

Look Ma, No Hands!
Found this today. Not sure what it is. Shimano equipped. Has what looks like a shifter overload tube mounted on the frame. kool little bike. Rescued from the projects in Richmond, Ca.

IMG_4943.JPG

IMG_4944.JPG

IMG_4945.JPG

IMG_4946.JPG

IMG_4947.JPG

IMG_4948.JPG

IMG_4952.JPG

I did a lot of research on lug frame bikes of this size and era finding my childhood Klunker. Your bike is similar to a Skyway labeled by sold through Bridgestone. These are European lug type frame bikes with Japanese Shimano components and English bottom brackets. I have an article from the time that tells the story of the Japanese actually traveling to meet Steyr/Puch/Daimler at their factory to discuss the joint venture. I have a couple of these bikes and like them a lot. They are not Schwinn quality but the frames are nice. My 1969 Sturdee Badged bike is also the same bike as your Riviera and these Skyway labeled bikes sold through Bridgestone. The Raleigh and Rollfast bikes have unique badges.
If you are planning to pass this bike along I may have interest because of the color.

www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/skyway-speed-vintage-muscle-bicycle-3825788632

Last edited:
This bike is in the same general location. Unfortunately only one pic but the description and era are a match

Heres a photo of the seat tube decal. Got it rideable. This bike rides good and is lighter, faster to speed from a stop, and easier to pedal than a 5 speed stingray. Tires say speedway on them. This bike would give that 68 orange krate a run for its money on that dragstrip in that old 68 orange krate dragstrip ad. Thanks for all the comments.

IMG_4955.JPG

Back