When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown handlebars, Tiller? Need a little help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks Cabers, T.H. I was thinking about doing a restoration but for some odd reason Im attracted to that sun baked original paint, Im thinking I would just put some wheels on her and take her for a spin, I was just curious about the structural integrity of the bike. Hey Pedal! I made a road trip going up to Milwaukee and then I headed west to Oregon to pick up this beauty. The bars are what sold me on her

How is the saddle leather? Looks a little like a Troxel Eagle Eazy but slightly different undercarriage. build it up as a crusty rider first.

That's the first step during a restoration anyway. Build it and make sure everything fits together properly and you have all of the parts you need, then ride it for a while.

You'll form a bond with the rust and faded paint that will ensure that if you do decide to restore it that you've at least given it some good thought (I'm currently at this juncture with a bike of mine).

If you don't like the way it rides or fits you, there's not much reason to restore it because you'll likely not realize the cost of the restoration if you sell it.

I think your bike did have a tank at some point.

The seat leather is surprisingly intact and in fair shape. Thanks for the good info, as I have not had the time to restore one yet. Now if I can only find the tank for her I would be set, do any of you have any leads on where I can find one? I appreciate the help with this gem!
best regards,
Sean

you might put a Wanted ad in the wanted section of the classifieds. I'd take a side profile photo of the bike frame where the tank goes to be sure you get the right one. I think there are three different sizes but don't quote me on that.

The two ads in John Polizzi's Mead book show the Pathfinder without a tank. One ad shows a ruby red with French grey trim, no rack & a Troxel #2 saddle. The other ad dark red with black trim & a ribbed steel rack, not the tubular like the Ranger. This second bike might have the same handlebars as yours, but hard to tell from the ad.

Back