When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown hard tire safety

-

rusty_apache

Finally riding a big boys bike
I finally gave in to temptation and acquired Mr. Cates HTS.
It’s getting a new block chain and will need pedal rubber but what pattern I do not know.
The chain ring looks like a Crescent but who knows how many manufacturers used that same ring... Any clues as to the manufacturer are welcome. Apparently the grips are for an ordinary so I will need them as well as the steering clamp/nut and plunger brake components that are missing.
When I get it I can take photos and measurements...
AD451198-2D35-4094-938F-EC3D8EB8F97F.jpeg

I have also posted this on the Wheelmen board but it has recently been updated and members are having trouble logging on. So it’s a little slow over there.

You might want to get a new chain from Mike Cates, be sure and measure if it is 1 inch pitch, it could be a little bit longer , like some Eliot bikes

Thanks, great advice , I noticed in the last photo that the existing block chain had a broken link so we have already arranged that. He even offered to install it for me prior to shipping but I want to save all the fun for myself!
The main issue is locating another pinch nut for the head stock or getting dimensions in order to fabricate a new one. Then on to grips and fabricating brake hardware. I would also like to identify the type of blocks that go on the pedals. Since it has already been painted and will have some new components I may do a cosmetic restoration on it as well.

Back