When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown hard tire safety

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rusty_apache

Finally riding a big boys bike
I finally gave in to temptation and acquired Mr. Cates HTS.
It’s getting a new block chain and will need pedal rubber but what pattern I do not know.
The chain ring looks like a Crescent but who knows how many manufacturers used that same ring... Any clues as to the manufacturer are welcome. Apparently the grips are for an ordinary so I will need them as well as the steering clamp/nut and plunger brake components that are missing.
When I get it I can take photos and measurements...
AD451198-2D35-4094-938F-EC3D8EB8F97F.jpeg

I have also posted this on the Wheelmen board but it has recently been updated and members are having trouble logging on. So it’s a little slow over there.

You might want to get a new chain from Mike Cates, be sure and measure if it is 1 inch pitch, it could be a little bit longer , like some Eliot bikes

Thanks, great advice , I noticed in the last photo that the existing block chain had a broken link so we have already arranged that. He even offered to install it for me prior to shipping but I want to save all the fun for myself!
The main issue is locating another pinch nut for the head stock or getting dimensions in order to fabricate a new one. Then on to grips and fabricating brake hardware. I would also like to identify the type of blocks that go on the pedals. Since it has already been painted and will have some new components I may do a cosmetic restoration on it as well.

Back