When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown, help needed please.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

Rear hub appears Torpedo brand.

Here is one on an unknown french porteur , in this case combined with a 3V gear block.

5p2y5w.jpg

eu3i89.jpg

Complete machine discussed in this Tonton thread -

https://forum.tontonvelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=22722&hilit=frein+a+retropedalage

Frame's headlugs are of a pattern similar to those of subject bicycle.

-----

-----

Muchas Gracias por Jaume for all of these excellent detail images. ;)

regarding chainset -

the round chainwheel nuts must feature splines to keep them from turning when the square-headed bolts are tightened.

Etablissements A. Haubtmann ( SOLIDA brand chainsets) offered a chainwheel of this pattern for at least several decades.

In the advert below the chainwheel on the left is of a thread-on design which affixes to a threaded flange on the crank arm. A lockring similar to one found on a bottom bracket assembly secures the chainwheel to the arm.

2z74b50.jpg

-----

Unfortunately Mallorca, and mainland Spain are frequently plagued by such events. I understand 9 people were killed in the floods this week at the eastern end of the island.

This may or may not help, but this is a photo I found in a small book I have concerning the history of bicycles (La Bicicletta by Fermi Galbiati and Nino Ciravegna). It’s described as the Gran Turismo model by Officine Sintesi in 1924.
21F15BCD-B2DF-4B68-8347-CD0AF81D02F7.jpeg

Many thanks @BradL.
I mentioned earlier in this thread that I was familiar with the "Sintesi" and "Vialle Freres" variants with the monocoque, pressed steel frames, but that photo is new to me.
I've only ever seen roadster style handlebars on these machines before, never a drop-barred example.
Thanks for the book information too but I'm unsure if that date is correct, will have to recheck original patent date. Interesting!

Original patent dates to 1923/24 so the date quoted is probably correct.
I'm still thinking the mystery bicycle in question is a later example, or possibly a third licensee of the original patent.

Just received these great photos from Jaume.
The machine has been sympathetically renovated retaining the patina.
It's certainly interesting and I'm guessing possibly unique.....
New fileab1 (2).jpg

New fileab2 (3).jpg

New fileab5 (2).jpg

New fileab6 (2).jpg

I’m hoping he'll tell me how it rides soon.

-----

Images not showing for me.

Are others able to view them?

Perhaps a browser issue at me end...

-----

Viewing the images of the completed machine here while sipping my coffee. Hope they come up for you. Cool looking bike. Never seen one like that

Back