When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown high end Dual Heart TOC crankset ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Wasn't sure how else to describe this really distinct and well built "dual heart" chainring & crankset.

Fancy 2 piece bottom bracket, the flat head nut that holds everything together floats in the crank arm, seemingly not to be removed unless completely disassembled.

Does anyone recognize this gear?
It reminds me of some early Iver gear I've seen but not, like some Goshen gear I have too but different.

1cbf337450705e4865ac9065a0373fe8.jpg

dec89b0978966e7d22f7afd299a95711.jpg

e4eca7a9e6147176602c1f816f63790e.jpg

e0f1706ef16f888391a3c1258216a01f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesse,

I believe that you are correct regarding Hawthorne. I also believe that your crank is slightly later than 1899 because it is constructed somewhat differently than the 1899 model year Hawthorne crank as can be seen in the below image taken from an 1899 Hawthorne catalog...

Tyson

View attachment 668192

Nice! Thanks Tyson! PS I think I saw you cruise by the other day on Mackinaw, I shouted hello-
It does appear you are correct, I will call mine ca. 1900 ! Thanks again

Nice! Thanks Tyson! PS I think I saw you cruise by the other day on Mackinaw, I shouted hello-
It does appear you are correct, I will call mine ca. 1900 ! Thanks again

Sorry I didn't see or hear you on Mackinac Island, were you there with the Wheelmen? I Don't know how I completely missed you, sorry.

Back