When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown jc higgins tank

-

Jonny Mags

On Training Wheels
IMG_0222.JPG
Hi!
Anyone have a clue what this came off of. I am finding very few images on the internet with 3 hole jc higgins tanks.
22.5 inches long 4 inches tall.

May I ask you...where you found that and was the rest of the bike with it?

That is a somewhat rare tank for a JC Higgins Colorflow. Most had four portholes, I haven't seen one with three until now. In any case, those portholes are styled after the Buick Roadmaster, circa 1949. They also had glass reflectors mounted on the inside of them.

maxresdefault.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

1949-roadmaster.jpg

5791809719_fcf96d01ce_b.jpg

Chicagoland area. First question i asked was where the rest if it was. Answer: Unknown=(
Got it from a guy at works dads garage sale for 50 bucks. Prolly not a good deal.
The horn is in tact but the red buttons are gone if it had them.

Chicagoland area. First question i asked was where the rest if it was. Answer: Unknown=(
Got it from a guy at works dads garage sale for 50 bucks. Prolly not a good deal.
The horn is in tact but the red buttons are gone if it had them.

I bet you'll get more than $50 for it lol. It is in nice shape!

1950 through mid-'51 standard "equipped" model. @fordmike65 is correct, no tank jewels during that time period (portholes or "exhaust rings" only, including on the deluxe Color Flow models). Tank jewels were not applied to the standard models in any case.

Here's a 1950 Sears catalog pic showing the standard model...

20170710_111352.jpg

..And a link to an old thread on these bikes...

http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/jc-higgins-restore-or.10793/#post-51488

:cool:

Last edited:
Back