When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown Ladies ToC-Teens-Twenties; is it a "Zero" (0)

-

Archie Sturmer

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I have a Ladies bike project with an old frame; (as opposed to an old-ladies bike).
It is stamped "0" on the bottom bracket; along with some fine print (3/32").
1900-1920 Ladies 1.jpg
Bottom bracket stamped "0" with fairly flush brazed joints; 1900-1910-1920?
1900-1920 Ladies 2.jpg
Fine stamped letters brazed-over, two lines; I thought last part read "MOD".
If I squint my eyes, and use a wide screen, last part almost looks like a "1900"(?).
1900-1920 Ladies 3.jpg
Older style without a pinch bolt; 1" inside diameter.

I understand that 1920's and earlier are tough enough to identify, ladies models perhaps even more obscure, but I figure I may as well ask the forum.

Lightweight fat and very-seemed tubing for main tubes about 1-1/16" outside diameter.
Takes large 35 mm headset cups.
1900-1920 Ladies 4.jpg
Staple style drop outs; fairly fat stays.
These are the pictures I took; I will look for the as-founds.
About 2-7/8" vertical badge holes.

More pictures; original was black, maybe red head. Serial 293,550.
Ladies 6.jpg
No pins on chain tensioner screws; (or none left).
Includes fasting ring for macramé strings to the fender as a skirt guard.
Ladies 5.jpg
Medium size seemed tubing bridge; seat stay bridge also medium, curved, (not pictured)
Ladies 4.jpg
About 7" head tube.

I tried to photograph the insides of tubes, but the lighting and my photograph skills did not allow.Ladies bicycle 11-23-18 BB1 1333.jpg
The flush joints were pinned and brazed; and it was a black bike; does the top tube band look Westfield?
Ladies bicycle 11-23-18 Dropouts 1334.jpg
More on dropouts; also have a Westfield look, (or maybe somebody they acquired, Indian?).
Ladies bicycle 11-23-18 Headtube1332.jpg
Head tube profile.

So, I am not sure what information I was expecting, with not much left to go by; maybe hoping that the fine print stamped on bottom brackets may have been seen by a member before.

Back