When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown Pantograph

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesper

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Odd chainring (no branding) sent to me by my Italian supply guy as an extra with my order. Custom drilled, milled, cut down to a Campy Super Record style, and panto'd. I have no idea what the panto is. Not Eddy Merckx, Ernesto Moser, or Ermanno Moser that I know of. Not too many classic Italian brands starting with "E" (Euromat, Elan, ?), and I don't really know any other European "E" brands. I'm assuming a brand from the 70s-80s. It is possible that it isn't even an "E" (maybe a "C", or "G"); regardless, still an unknown design. The "E" design is well done; but the rest of the modifications are not as cleanly done, and may have been added after the initial pantographs.

If you notice, the E-M makes an oval, and each letter is essentially a semi-circle.
It makes sense that with just the E pantograph, they're going to round it further - kinda keeps it in the family.

Although I don't disagree with the Merckx possibility, I have never seen just the "E" before on any component. All the rings I have seen are with his full name. This could be a custom "E" panto made after the fact, especially with it on an unidentifiable ring. I had asked the guy I got it from and he gave me a name starting with a "G" that he thought may have been the brand logo (or as juvela stated; a team logo). I need to see what he wrote; I don't remember right now, but I will add it to the conversation.

I should also note that the ring has a BCD of 151 so it is a fairly old ring, and I would assume it is at the latest from the early to mid 70s in vintage if it was a replacement for an original ring. It may be why he sent it since those are not being used by many folks nowadays, and I mentioned that I have a couple early 60s Campy 151 cranks. I would expect this ring to be prior to Merckx' logo development; but again, who knows when it was engraved.
I was mistaken in that there was any attempt at identification of the logo by my supplier. What was on the part's description was "girobulloni" (ring bolts) preceding 151 as an indicator of the BCD. I knew I remembered a "g" in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Although, I concur with the Eddy Merckx assumption, It could be, Celo Europa.
by Marcel Calborne.

Back