When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown rear rim and hub

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

spomalley86

I live for the CABE
Hey guys, still digging around the barn and I found this one buried. Wondering if you all could help me identify this wheel. Hub is not marked, measured greater than 25 inches tall, about 1 and 1/8 in width. Made of steel and is exceptionally flat. Thanks again for your help and expertise.
Sean

20181107_174708.jpg

20181107_174827.jpg

20181107_175208.jpg

20181107_174831.jpg

20181107_175116.jpg

Last edited:
One of the Mead executives had a patent on a steel rim. Not sure if this same as yours. He eventually came to Dayton,Ohio and a worked at Davis Sewing machine. A Dayton Steel Rim co. was created not sure how long. Some of the teens? 20s Davis built bikes sported such rims including Harley made bikes. Like Rambler stated many other companies used this type rim. In recent years people have tried modern tires to fit with poor results. Ironically a 27" model was made but did not catch on to a decade or two later!

Hi Sean,

It's the same as on the rear of my 1917 Columbia. Although modern tyres are a poor fit, this is a rim I'd be interested in if you sell.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Adrian

Photo A193A.jpg

Photo A200A.jpg

Back