Unknown skirt posted on fb Marketplace: fellow asking what it is...

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

juanitasmith13

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Oct 6, 2015
Creve Coeur, Tazewell County, IL.
I found the sprocket in our forum about chainwheels; Page 2, post 32, photo 7... unknown ca 1894??? This a girl's bike (gone with the wind style); appears to have a more modern front 'steel' rim,can't tell about rear badge is aluminum oval, unreadable. Attached photo is the best clue to: What is it?

New Mexico Brant

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jul 6, 2016
Santa Fe, New Mexico
www.BrantMackley.com
I found the sprocket in our forum about chainwheels; Page 2, post 32, photo 7... unknown ca 1894??? This a girl's bike (gone with the wind style); appears to have a more modern front 'steel' rim,can't tell about rear badge is aluminum oval, unreadable. Attached photo is the best clue to: What is it?
Did you post the correct image? Your post makes no sense with this photo?

juanitasmith13

Oct 6, 2015
Appears to me to be a WW2 era reconditioned bike using 50 year-old frame... as in scarcity (rationed) gas and tires for the cars; no new bikes for sale, how the bike-shops survived, and folks did groceries, drugs, post-office. Count the late 30s early 40s parts (handle bars (?), seat(?) stem, pedals, kickstand, maybe fork(?); where-as, rear wheel appears steel clad wood with "black"

brake housing spoked in... do not have view of brake arm; and the front rim a deep drop-center chrome rim.....

notice head badge screws

Reactions: Andrew Gorman

hoofhearted

Saint Lactose The Tolerant
Jan 20, 2010
Fairborn, Ohio
@juanitasmith13

Hey, young man … appears as tho' someone re-worked
the seat-post cluster … may have eliminated it, entirely ...
and modified the saddle chassis to bring the saddle
closer to the ground.

That antique frame appears to be a fairly-tall one … right
from the factory.

….. patric

Last edited:

juanitasmith13

Oct 6, 2015
Still, first photo enlarged; the way seat is fastened...……. So, what WAS
@juanitasmith13

Hey, young man … appears as tho' someone re-worked
the seat-post cluster … may have eliminated it, entirely ...
and modified the saddle chassis to bring the saddle
closer to the ground.

That antique frame appears to be a fairly-tall one … right
from the factory.

….. patric

I noticed on your post "since 1947"; I'm a 1948 model ?does that make me a young man? Thanx for your "tall" observation; I knew the seat was old, but felt it was not as old as the frame.

Andrew Gorman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 15, 2008
Pasadena (Hastings Ranch), United States
The headbadge looks like a hand stamped property tag/i.d. number to me-only held on with one screw. I agree the bike looks refurbished to use until something better came along, and the seat dropped . I'm thinking more a Depression era rebuild for a truly hardscrabble operation. A war production plant would have priority to get one if they really needed a bike.

• Love
Reactions: juanitasmith13
This ad goes away when you register for an account!

juanitasmith13

Oct 6, 2015
Am going to try to get a measure of the original frame height measuring the rear upper seat stays to BB. That "wishbone" which comprises the upper seat stays is a clue to what factory this original bike came from. Notice that the front axle hub and the rear hub appear to be New Departure WW2 parts... "black". The wheels appear both to be 26" whereas the rear fender appears to have been for 28" wheels. I wish to get others involved @rustjunkie perhaps you can identify seat (which appears to be an early mans seat). @bobcycles and @Velocipedist Co. and @fordmike65 and @Boris and all comers with a clue to the i.d. of the original bike. Thanks, and Happy New Year! Dave's Site?

Last edited:
Reactions: hoofhearted
This ad goes away when you register for an account!