When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown skirt posted on fb Marketplace: fellow asking what it is...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

juanitasmith13

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I found the sprocket in our forum about chainwheels; Page 2, post 32, photo 7... unknown ca 1894??? This a girl's bike (gone with the wind style); appears to have a more modern front 'steel' rim,can't tell about rear badge is aluminum oval, unreadable. Attached photo is the best clue to: What is it?

I found the sprocket in our forum about chainwheels; Page 2, post 32, photo 7... unknown ca 1894??? This a girl's bike (gone with the wind style); appears to have a more modern front 'steel' rim,can't tell about rear badge is aluminum oval, unreadable. Attached photo is the best clue to: What is it?View attachment 1116052
Did you post the correct image? Your post makes no sense with this photo?

Appears to me to be a WW2 era reconditioned bike using 50 year-old frame... as in scarcity (rationed) gas and tires for the cars; no new bikes for sale, how the bike-shops survived, and folks did groceries, drugs, post-office. Count the late 30s early 40s parts (handle bars (?), seat(?) stem, pedals, kickstand, maybe fork(?); where-as, rear wheel appears steel clad wood with "black"

brake housing spoked in... do not have view of brake arm; and the front rim a deep drop-center chrome rim.....

notice head badge screws

Still, first photo enlarged; the way seat is fastened...……. So, what WAS
@juanitasmith13

Hey, young man … appears as tho' someone re-worked
the seat-post cluster … may have eliminated it, entirely ...
and modified the saddle chassis to bring the saddle
closer to the ground.

That antique frame appears to be a fairly-tall one … right
from the factory.

….. patric

I noticed on your post "since 1947"; I'm a 1948 model ?does that make me a young man? Thanx for your "tall" observation; I knew the seat was old, but felt it was not as old as the frame.

The headbadge looks like a hand stamped property tag/ID number to me-only held on with one screw. I agree the bike looks refurbished to use until something better came along, and the seat dropped . I'm thinking more a Depression era rebuild for a truly hardscrabble operation. A war production plant would have priority to get one if they really needed a bike.

Back