When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown TOC Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ok so I looked this bike over closer today and think it may be a little later than I initially suspected. One of the reasons I think this is that the rear hub is an armless coaster! I assumed it was a fixed gear but when I pedaled the bike the wheel free-wheeled and surprisingly when I moved it backwards it stopped. I checked for any markings and see none. It is different than the armless Musselman on my Flying Merkel. So who else made an armless coaster? One pedal appears to marked "Standard" and the other (missing dust cap and bearings) is marked "Record" the toes straps are not marked but are matching. I'm thinking the seat is original to the bike and that the bike is likely 1905-1910 or so. Still no closer to identifying it though. V/r Shawn

DSC_1343.JPG

DSC_1344.JPG

DSC_1346.JPG

DSC_1347.JPG

DSC_1348.JPG

DSC_1349.JPG

DSC_1350.JPG

DSC_1351.JPG

DSC_1352.JPG

DSC_1353.JPG

Last edited:
Not sure yet on earlier armless, the original musselman goes back 1900 or before era. The frame and crankset and block chain all look pre 1900. Still researching!!

My 2 Cents:
1. I Think, It's Way Earlier Than 1905!!!!
2. Coaster IS a Musselman, But It Does Not Dictate Manuf. Year!!!
"Stearns or Crescent"

Back