When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown vintage bike parts, yours if you can use them

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Payment Terms
n/a
Zipcode

ColoradoBAP

'Lil Knee Scuffer
This bike came to me a few years ago from a friend of my wife's, she wanted to see if I could get it up and running for her. I could not. :) Someone had painted the entire bike blue and parts grey as you see. I think the original color is red in fact. I can't tell what type of bike this is. The only things to my untrained eye and limited research that indicate the age of the bike are the fact that it has a skip tooth chain and the brake arm says "New Departure Model D". I found one thing online that seemed to indicate the style of the brake arm dated it to the 40's. The front tire pictured is not a match to the bike and I swapped it out for another but it's missing the axle.

Anyway, I have no idea if anything on this bike is salvageable, it seems a shame just to toss it in the landfill. If you feel like you can use this bike in some way it's all yours.

20200620_193349.jpg

20200720_201700.jpg

Nice bike.
Might be a 1930's Westfield-built ladies bike, with 26" wheels swapped for the original 28" single-tube tire wheelsets.
Welcome to the CABE!

Back