When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Unobtanium - Early Original Bicycle Steering Wheel

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
True blue "unobtanium" gear available for sale -

I purchased the stem and "bar" parts of this set separately over the course of a few years but they are without a doubt factory paired objects, given there is a combination of original wood finish, nickel plating, and original black enamel the patina matches very well throughout.

Only issues are cosmetic, there is a small "cut" in the bar (shown in as-found pic) as well as a bit of disruption of the original finish. I have not cleaned it more than to wipe it with a damp rag.
All hardware is present and clean.

Excellent quality metal and woodwork throughout. "Handlebar" cross section is built in a distinct manner, I'm told by @thehugheseum it is stamped and gas welded comparable to early MC forks.
Mount is completely concealed by way of wood finish work.

First are a few photos of the setup itself, then a few images to give context.
Attached is a photo of a Great Western bicycle that has traded hands a number of times just to give you a reference of how this bar set looks on a bike, not the same set.
Also attached are a couple digital adverts, one courtesy of @New Mexico Brant which references the Ranger line of bicycles and one courtesy of @sm2501 which is a broader and less company defined pamphlet.

More photos available upon serious interest.
Open to trade in select circumstances- PM me
$1500 Shipped CONUS from Richmond, VA
I will be going to some swap meets this month so delivery / handoff of trades could be an option.

Steering Wheel1.jpg

Steering Wheel Mount.jpg

Steering wheel woodwork.jpg

My steering wheel.jpg

Steering Wheel As found.jpg

Great Western Bicycle with steering wheel.png

Bicycle Steering Wheel As offered on Ranger.png

Steering Wheel Handlebar Pamphlet.jpg

Back