When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unusual Torrington Pedals

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jay81

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I picked these up last year from ebay because they are cool and unusual. They are mens pedals. They look like Torrington 8s but do not appear to have the 8 stsmped on the cap. The block bolts have the push on things instead of nuts. Then there's the obvious difference, the reddish-orange blocks. Never saw any quite like this before.
Were these specific to a certain brand/model?
Dealer accessory?
Extra value over standard black block torringtons?
Any help is appreciated.

20180203_113649.jpg
20180203_113636.jpg
20180203_113631.jpg
20180203_113628.jpg
20180203_113622.jpg

Are the blocks anything special? I've seen the T10's with the red blocks but I've never seen anything but black blocks on T8's

Great good looking everyday pedals. I ride my bikes kinda hard and it's no fun digging in the end of a valuable pre war pedal. Also I don't consider these rebuildable although I am sure you could with the right tools and fresh retaining clips. I would try and get probably $45 or $55 shipped.

50s Torrington 8 with retainer clips.
Great good looking everyday pedals. I ride my bikes kinda hard and it's no fun digging in the end of a valuable pre war pedal. Also I don't consider these rebuildable although I am sure you could with the right tools and fresh retaining clips. I would try and get probably $45 or $55 shipped.

Thank you both for the info. I'm going to hang on to them and figure out which of my bikes they'd look good on.

Back