When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update on 41 BFG project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ozark Flyer

I live for the CABE
Wheels were laced back with my special stash of NOS original Torrington double butted spokes. Rims fitted with US Royal chain treat black walls. The bike originally had black walls. I mounted the wheels and pulled the bike off the stand yesterday. Very cool "curved" miller kick stand. Seat and pedals up next. I'm still unsure what to do with the rack top. You can see in the last photo the Rack top paint is badly pitted. Paint or not to paint?

The black really pops on a sunny day.

18a55160b445fb83ce192c88f4894e1b_zps2d84-1.jpg

c45793f1dd9d82c8aaf02a3c07bb8fad_zpsf82e-1.jpg

171499056838684e394ea469d18716f2_zps9429-1.jpg

171499056838684e394ea469d18716f2_zps9429-1.jpg

dfbd63844edcb7d91eb27deadc482b08_zps7bdd-1.jpg

Last edited:
Bike is looking good! One question though, has that front fender has been trimmed on the nose? Looks a lot blunter than what it should. V/r Shawn

Bike is looking good! One question though, has that front fender has been trimmed on the nose? Looks a lot blunter than what it should. V/r Shawn
My girls bfg has the same thing going on but my other 41 does not. between the two of mine the girls fenders are super wide compared to my 41 boys... Also the light cover was painted on mine where the chrome is on this one... I serial

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shawn, the fender has its original factory rolled edge so it clearly has not been trimmed. Agreed it has less taper to it. There were two different versions of this fender. Note the location of the brace and rivets. My 40 model has more taper to leading edge of the fender and the brace rivets are located to rear of the light cover front screw.

Mitch, the braces on this bike were originally painted. As far as I know, this was a BFG thing. I have seen other BFG bikes with painted braces but have not seen any other Schwinn built brands with that feature.

Just curious if one of you guys know when the Streamliner name was born and died?

Shawn, the fender has its original factory rolled edge so it clearly has not been trimmed. Agreed it has less taper to it. There were two different versions of this fender. Note the location of the brace and rivets. My 40 model has more taper to leading edge of the fender and the brace rivets are located to rear of the light cover front screw.

Mitch, the braces on this bike were originally painted. As far as I know, this was a BFG thing. I have seen other BFG bikes with painted braces but have not seen any other Schwinn built brands with that feature.

Just curious if one of you guys know when the Streamliner name was born and died?

Thanks--Learning something new every day! V/r Shawn

Just curious if one of you guys know when the Streamliner name was born and died?[/QUOTE]

the streamline straightbar was bf goodrich's top of the line deluxe bicycle and was sold up to 39', the streamlineR canti frame (like yours) came out 40' or 41' & was the new top of the line deluxe model which continued up to 1950 when it was replaced due to bf now carrying the phantom

it had been a bf goodrich exclusive all those years until it was discontinued however it re appeared in schwinn's regular lineup in 53' & sold through 56' as a ballooner and then was re introduced as a middelweight in 57' with a full size tank, not sure about 58' but was not in the lineup in 59' or 60' however it was back in the lineup in 61' featuring a slim line tank, sadly later that year the streamliner passed away never to be seen or heard from again ... RIP

Last edited:
Back