When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upgrade to a lightbulb

-

Nino

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi all. I had a question. My 1940 era Delta light had the bulb break. I want to replace it with an LED (no permanent mods) and was wondering what type as the broken build and internet doesn't give a clue (more ads on the internet than info). It's the delta on a Huffman G519. Thank you.

To reduce an overwhelming number of hits via an online search, often one might limit the search to within a geographical area.

I believe that you might be able to use an E10-base LED bulb; the E10 meaning the miniature screw Size or mechanical interface.
The bulbs would be offered in various Voltage or electrical ratings — and that feature one needs to select; (more on that later).
The bulbs come in various Brightness or luminosity ratings, sometimes with only 1 diode, or more-omnidirectional with 5 diodes — requiring more power (volts).

So, if one chooses the 1-LED bulb, one may find a bulb with the electrical rating of 3-volts (or similar range) to match the typical output of 2 regular D-cell batteries.

But if one chooses the brighter 5-LED bulb, one may also find that additional volts would be required.
There are battery-Adapters that squeeze 3 smaller AA-cell batteries into a housing that has the physical shape of a D-cell. By using such adapters, one may triple the 3-volts output of 2 D-cells to 9-volts with 6 AA-cells. I have even mixed a D-cell with 3 AA-cells (w/ 1 adapter), for 6-volts (1.5 + 4.5).

One feature which I have not investigated much, is how LEDs might be diffused, and perhaps thereby working better with parabolic reflectors behind the bulb, as well as any Fresnel-type focusing lenses in front of the bulb.

Last edited:
Tons of screw in flashlight led bulbs on eBay mostly from China take about a month to arrive but are dirt cheap .
Got 5 for $5.00 another $5.00 for shipping some ship for free .
I will also see if I can find the name of a Company in England that I have bought from before they specialize in led bulbs for bicycles and flashlights .
They sell high quality Cree led bulbs not cheap but work very well .
They are also on eBay somewhere .

Company is called NICELITE they are in the UK. they are on eBay and ship to the US. Search bicycle led replacement bulbs

Last edited:
Question.

Starting digging into all of my Delta lights.

Thank you for the posts above they are quite helpful upgrading an existing light.

Will the following bulbs work found them on ebay too impatient to wait.

EPISTAR LED # 222 EDISON E10 SCREW BASE 25 LUMEN LED 3 VOLT 3 units

Not sure what E10 is.

Thank you.

My understanding was the E10 was the type for the Delta (works perfectly in mine) and 3 volts was for the output of 2 D batteries. I super new so I'm still figuring out old tires

Back