When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Use your bike stand as a wheel stand

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Good afternoon!
i measured the rear drop outs today. Looks to be 130 thousands.

0C0C8EA3-DF28-42FD-BA03-92383386263A.jpeg

Hey Gt! I’m curious how thick the drop outs are on your 41? What’s the 41 badged as?

Thank you very much for the info and the great pictures! I owe ya!
And the later drop outs are 158 thousands, 4.02 mm. Any idea when Schwinn went to the thicker pieces? End of 46 production or later?
Still trying to sort this all out and the more pieces that show up the more confusing it gets. Only good explanation is, Schwinn used various pre stamped BB shells in various years with the I series being all over the board. Same with the C series. I've found one straight bar frame I series serial with the prewar style rear tubular fender bridge. That one detail tells me that it's earlier than 1946.

My Streamliner has the BFG badge and regular rear fork end, no drop outs. I don't have quick easy access to measure it. The 1940 and 41 New Worlds were the first Schwinns to actually have the drop outs and I assume they are also 130 thousands or 3.302 mm pieces but without the hole for the fender stays and accessories.

Your very welcome! I too am confused with the earlier post war numbers but what I’m thinking is if it has thin drop outs and the small prewar style font for the vin…..it’s a 45. Schwinn had a bunch of stamped bb that they couldn’t use when the war bikes started. So when regular production started back up they used em. Then when they had to start stamping the again the font was larger like the one on my 46. Can’t prove it but that’s what I am thinking happened. I did a 47 last year and it had the thicker drop outs so I feel confident that changed in 47. I also noticed that the raised AS bolts are shorter than the stamped ones. I know that the 41 weld on seat post clamp has a step on one side to accommodate these bolts and the length on the raised as is perfect. The left is the raised AS and the right is the stamped as.
I do realize that the prewar used rear facing drop outs but I am curious if they were also the thinner steel. Knowing that Schwinn used what they had before they changed to something else. I haven’t had my hands on a prewar cantilever to measure the drop outs. My prewar straight bar is .155. Also curious if your 41 has the hump on the top bar?

image.jpg

image.jpg

What I’m thinking is because Schwinn used what they had before moving to the next change that maybe the way to possibly id the 45’s. So drop out thickness, kick stand angles ect from the 41’s may have carried over

Back