When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Used Bike Work Stand

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mike B 65

Look Ma, No Hands!
Looking for a used bike repair stand. Not sure what is a good one since I never had one. I'm redoing a 16" bike and don't like the bending over even on my roll around stool!! Figured I would see if anyone has a good used one before I look to buy a new one. Shipping will be required if you're not close to me in NW TN.

Park is a good brand Mike either model 9 or 10. Sometimes you can find them at a decent price shipped.

Sean

-----

Hello Mike,

This might merit a bit of thought in advance of making a decision.

For example -

Since you obviously enjoy vintage cycles you might enjoy a vintage repair stand. Back prior to Park's launch of their first stand ca. 1968 most U.S. shops used either the ELDI (Germany) ore the Desimone's (San Jose, California). These are quality solid built units.

Consumer stands -

There are plenty of models aimed at the consumer. One needs to be cautious here as some are flimsy/poorly built to the point of near uselessness. If considering one of these it would be wise to see if you can find some independent user ratings to read first.

Portability -

If, for example, your only good work spot was near the washer/dryer in the garage or basement you might want to go with a design which easily folded on order to get it out of the way for your housemates. I do all of my cycle work in my workshop so I have my Park bolted to the floor so nothing can move. This eliminates one nuisance variable. Good for my situation but perhaps not for yours.

Mounting -

Some manufacturers offer a wall mount model in addition to a freestanding model. Depending on your work spot this might possibly be handy. An upright and base can be easily fashioned from scrap to convert a wall mount model to a freestanding one if so desired at some point down the road.

Searching/sourcing -

Bicycle repair stands come up for private sale only rarely. If you find one you like it might be best to get right on it as they tend to go quickly. In addition to the CL and ebay sites mentioned above you might try some of smaller online classified listings as these have a much smaller readership.

All best wishes with your search!

-----

-----

Hello Mike,

This might merit a bit of thought in advance of making a decision.

For example -

Since you obviously enjoy vintage cycles you might enjoy a vintage repair stand. Back prior to Park's launch of their first stand ca. 1968 most U.S. shops used either the ELDI (Germany) ore the Desimone's (San Jose, California). These are quality solid built units.

Consumer stands -

There are plenty of models aimed at the consumer. One needs to be cautious here as some are flimsy/poorly built to the point of near uselessness. If considering one of these it would be wise to see if you can find some independent user ratings to read first.

Portability -

If, for example, your only good work spot was near the washer/dryer in the garage or basement you might want to go with a design which easily folded on order to get it out of the way for your housemates. I do all of my cycle work in my workshop so I have my Park bolted to the floor so nothing can move. This eliminates one nuisance variable. Good for my situation but perhaps not for yours.

Mounting -

Some manufacturers offer a wall mount model in addition to a freestanding model. Depending on your work spot this might possibly be handy. An upright and base can be easily fashioned from scrap to convert a wall mount model to a freestanding one if so desired at some point down the road.

Searching/sourcing -

Bicycle repair stands come up for private sale only rarely. If you find one you like it might be best to get right on it as they tend to go quickly. In addition to the CL and ebay sites mentioned above you might try some of smaller online classified listings as these have a much smaller readership.

All best wishes with your search!

-----
Thank you for the info!

Back