When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

used wards riverside tubes. am i crazy?

-

twowheelfan

Wore out three sets of tires already!
these tubes were perfect until i removed them from my bike when i sold it.
no one is still perfect nole holes, nice and soft holds air just fine, the other one, however has two holes now, where the rim strip was. both can be patched, but as of now there are no patches on these things. does anyone want the good one? or both? i mean, i dont know how rare they are these days and i really dont see value in them, but i did like the fact that i was running factory original equipment. so, should i chuck them? someone wanna buy them? talk to me.
please advise. i have thick skin, i just can't seem to throw anything away.
IMG_0431-1.jpg

IMG_0432-1.jpg

IMG_0433-1.jpg

the holes. one is a rub(like it was folded when inflated, the other is a puncture)
IMG_0565-1.jpg

IMG_0566-1.jpg

someone just say its ok to chuck them. please.
i know that this isn't the buy/sell forum, i just wanted someone more sane to say its ok to chuck these.
thanks

I wouldn't chuck them. I would think it is better to have a repaired original than a new generic tube. I think most times people put the originals in display bikes anyways. I'm sure someone would like to be able to say that the bike is original right down to the tubes.

IMO

I'll say one thing, I don't think I've ever seen a decent Riverside tire! Like, feel safe riding on it decent. I'm leery of old tubes too, had a circa '67 Schwinn tube explode in the middle of the night-I was living in an apt. then, and my bike was in the livivng room! :eek: Liked to never figure out what the noise was, until I went to ride the bike a few days later. I would'nt throw 'em away either though, probably save 'em for some period repair shop recreation or something!:D

seriously, these tubes served me well for at least two years!

I'll say one thing, I don't think I've ever seen a decent Riverside tire! Like, feel safe riding on it decent. I'm leery of old tubes too, had a circa '67 Schwinn tube explode in the middle of the night-I was living in an apt. then, and my bike was in the livivng room! :eek: Liked to never figure out what the noise was, until I went to ride the bike a few days later. I would'nt throw 'em away either though, probably save 'em for some period repair shop recreation or something!:D
i rode on them every day. the ony reason i am not on them anymore is that i retired the bike, and upgraded to a modern cargo bike as a daily rider. i'm getting rid of balloon stuff and focusing on antique lightweight now.

Back