When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Va Beach swapmeet....maybe?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Some nice weather for the bike swapmeet / show tomorrow.
Was told there will be vendors and some kind of music.
Longboard skate boards too.
Loading the trailer as I speak and feel somewhat depressed to load some of these bike up.
Been looking at them all winter and now trying to sell some.

Hope all you Va Beach locals and not so close locals show up. If not to just get out and show off your rides.

Start time is now 12 noon as I understand.
Show entries as it was explained to me is $15 for the first bike and possibly $5 each additional.

Im taking at least 2 to show in the middle class category.

Hope to see you guys and gals there. Lets see how many locals there are from the Cabe. I know there will be Ratroders there and possibly some from the schwinn forum.
John

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
JD,

I'm on call this weekend and can't make it. I would love to see Va. Beach and the weather should be beautiful. Enjoy the show and good luck with this being the first one in the area.

Robert

Kevin and Robert, thanks. I too hope this will be the beginning of something new at the beach.
I wish you guys from NC could make a showing as yoi guys have always made a strong statement in the hobby but, work has top priority..
Unfortunately this show is not my doing but, am pleased to finally have one in the area.

Ill post pics later.

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0697.jpg
    IMG_0697.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0707.jpg
    IMG_0707.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 32
Some great pictures!

I'm glad she is happy. Please let me know if she needs help on the early 60s JC Higgins Flightliner.
adahubu2-1.jpg

It was great to meet the locals that enjoy what I enjoy...but, I must admit, I don't get to watch my better half pay for a vintage bike like you do.
My wife did show up to give her 30 minutes of support for my obsession.
I did manage to bring home a trophy today with HER bike. Thats right her bike, not mine!. And there were some nice vintage bikes at this show.
She was beaming with pride and had to admit I did well with her birthday present.

Best in the "Classic" category.
Her 64 Monark Silver King.
3ezata4e-1.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a group picture of some Cabe members and the RRB gang
u9ypegag-1.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats to her on the win!

Tabitha's got the fenders, chainguard, and rack chrome cleaned up pretty nice on the Flightliner- handlebars are a little better but still rough. Date on it is 58-62, correct? (since 63 was Sears badging, not J.C. Higgins). Think there's any hope of finding replacements for the 2 missing 1/2" red reflectors in the pedals?

Really wish I'd brought a bike now- car was just not set up for it, thanks to kayak bars and crowded trunk- next time!

I knew the chrome would cone out nice.
Handlebars are easy to fknd.
Not for sure on the date but, because the serial was stamped on the bottom bracket leads me to believe it is like you said pre 1964.
The jewels cant be replaced but the pedals can.

And I have that nice Eldorado that would compliment the Flightliner.
It rides real nice after its recent servicing.
Let me know when you are ready, it is on CL however.
JD

JD,

Looks like you guys had a great time and beautiful weather. Still wish I could have been there. Congratulations on the show success.

Back