When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value? Elgin twin bar frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

eddy2dice

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi, just been offered this prewar Elgin twin bar frame, it literally is what you see, just frame crank and bars. What is it worth? Please help so I can make an offer!! :)
71c67b095924c4527c0d6efa27e4d95f.jpg
5cda5c3b7869c1a4eb3fcbf5bc83ac9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missing all the "good stuff" that will be expensive and not easy to find. The head tube and bottom bracket shroud are not common. Same with the special seat post assembly and side-stand you'll need to ride and park it.
I'd say let this one pass, even for a hotrod or rat rider.

Would be expensive to finish it. Seat post thingy probably 200-250, shroud around 160-250, wheelset with finned hubs... 150, BB shell shroud 250, bars/stem 50-100. Correct fends/fork 100-200. Purely estimates, not an expert, but gives you an idea.

I'm with the others. Unless you are buying this for a rat/custom and don't intend to try and get the hard parts a buck and a half would be top money. V/r Shawn

Back