When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of 68 Orange Krate

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The overall condition of the bike looks good.. However an original seat alone will cost the next guy $200 plus... see ebay ..one is up for $825 lol !! The Dated tires add another $250-300, Correct silver glitter cables $100 , An original screened chainguard $150 plus etc.. As you can see it will be costly to get it back to Original condition... I would estimate you might get $1000 given all the above issues. Best of Luck with your sale.

I agree with the others that posted.It looks to be a beautiful bike, but it's not a true original survivor with all correct parts. That will obviously hurt the value. Still a very cool orange krate & valuable, but not at $1,600.

Thanks for the info but I will have to disagree. I believe that the bike will fetch 1200-1300 (shipping not included in this range). I have it at $1600 on ebay because I said best offer so I have room to play with. I have seen restored ones sell for over
$1500 and ones in worse condition than this go for $900-1000 so this is definitely worth more. My friend who owned this bike 4 years ago and sold it to the guy I got it from paid about $300 to have the seat redone. While this one does have a few parts missing the paint and chrome except for the crank/ pedals are easily cleanable. The front white wall is about $100 by itself as an original for a runabout. The chain guard can easily have the decal removed and can by re-screened for $25 by Pete- while not original screening the rest of the guard is original paint. Cables are supposed to be grey and can be removed from almost any fastback/ stingray.

Yes but the survivors which u say are in worse condition are what buyers want because that's how they can tell its 100% original. Wouldn't pay more than 700 since it stands as a rider and not something a true collector wants. they will either want a 100% restored one or a survivor so they can restore it while keeping original parts because as you can see, they are going up in price. I mean disk brake bikes are going for not much more than ur asking and urs isn't even close to a 100% authentic 68

Yes but the survivors which u say are in worse condition are what buyers want because that's how they can tell its 100% original. Wouldn't pay more than 700 since it stands as a rider and not something a true collector wants. they will either want a 100% restored one or a survivor so they can restore it while keeping original parts because as you can see, they are going up in price. I mean disk brake bikes are going for not much more than ur asking and urs isn't even close to a 100% authentic 68

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS SCAMMER!!!!

LOOK HERE http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?67430-1968-Apple-Krate-Schwinn-for-sale-all-original

Disc brake go for $2000+ in excellent condition. I replaced tires with repop black slik and original gripper slik USA Schwinn tire included but only for display as has slit, and front tire is going to be Schwinn superior may be repop but Ill find out tomorrow. I have it listed now for $1350 shipped. Shipping will be about $100 so I think $1200 is a fair price with the changed correct tires and Gripper as well.

At $1250 it will sit for a while. It will probably sell in February. IRS refunds checks start rolling out then.

Back