When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of an NOS 1968 Orange Krate seat???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Darthvader

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just trying figure out what one still in the bag might be worth.Thanks for looking

He means just the seat, not the whole bike. I would say about $300 possibly more depending if its on ebay and a bidding war starts

When was the lat time you saw a NOS 68 orange Krate seat on eBay ? Never , they make repos and Pete seas you can get all day long the more common 69 - 72 NOS seats fetch over a grand

I have never seen a NOS krate seat only stingray NIS seats and I have only seen those at a few hundred. I didn't realize they would go that much

If you put a seat that cost 2k on a 2k Krate is the bike worth 4k?

Ha I wish that's why most of these collectors of the high dollar stuff are more parts collectors than restorers ,here's an NOS seat that I took out of the bag I put it on this bike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Nice. Hope that baby does not slide off that hook to the right.

Haha me too I've been looking for a NOS 68 orange Krate for years I've never seen one I've seen something someone was trying to sell as one but it didn't have a reflector tab on it so I'm not sure what it was he claims it was a replacement seat ? Whatever that means Guess just another word for reproduction

I have had a 3 or four nos ones over the years. Most I have seen did not have the reflector bracket welded on. Plus it's easy to spot whether the material is correct on any 68 seat. I have a 68 that's about an 8 altogether. paint is a strong 9. The stripe on the seat is faded and there is a small cut on the side. The bike is deserving of a seat upgrade but not nos.

Back