When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

value of this lemond?

-
Just returned from library…. Most of the damage is right dead in the middle of town! What most folk around here call …”the main red light”…My favorite antique store has one whole side exposed to the weather! But every one seems to be on top of it….very few minor injuries and zero fatalities!

Here's a show down on this bike. MFRP was $3,300 Whew!

Bicycle blue book has never given me a good estimate but IDK maybe they're close? https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/value-guide/product/37648/

There's a tic on the topic bike's wheel set. The bladed spoke Bontrager Race X-Lite wheel: The graphics on the PDF catalog and Illustration at Blue book. I Searched the net and came up empty handed B/C, these are the only sites they can be seen currently. Different from all others is the black graphics/Fonts on alumium toned rims. It's as if this model of wheel doesn't exist except in company illustrations.

View attachment 1534641
Apparently, Trek is a distributor of these as well. Here's a PDF by them showing the frame as 2002 model.

🤓
It's not that surprising that you can't find separate info on the wheels.
Bontrager being the in house parts producer for the Trek company (as Lemond was one of their brands) after all, they may well just be found on a few models in this style.
They would churn them out in different colour schemes to suit whichever brand of bicycle they were fitting them to.
Should make a great rider, and at the price mentioned you can't complain.
Good luck, and don't worry, I won't be flying to the U.S.A this evening!

Man!
By the time you actually get that bike, it is going to be well deserved.
We’re all pulling for you, and glad to hear that nobody was seriously hurt in the tornado.
Of course, part of me wants to pull a prank on you, by having the owner of the shop, roll the bike out of sight, and then tell you, that they just sold it to a guy from California five minutes ago.
Then, just about the time you’re about to blow a gasket, they wheel it out, and say, here, it’s a gift, courtesy of the guy from California. Lol!

Man!
By the time you actually get that bike, it is going to be well deserved.
We’re all pulling for you, and glad to hear that nobody was seriously hurt in the tornado.
Of course, part of me wants to pull a prank on you, by having the owner of the shop, roll the bike out of sight, and then tell you, that they just sold it to a guy from California five minutes ago.
Then, just about the time you’re about to blow a gasket, they wheel it out, and say, here, it’s a gift, courtesy of
I somehow goofed up this post!???

Seems a higher power doesn't want you to buy this bike.😮
I know huh….. many of my co workers are ema… and emt… and military… active and reserve! So…our phones have been active! Lots of folks doing small town stuff…local government doing pretty well! They got this! It’s gonna shake out in the end! It’s mostly property damage and insurance claims now! Our mayor randy price was on the weather channel! 15 minutes and all!

Back