When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vaseline as a protection

-

eddie_bravo

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Im not fond of waxing my bikes for two reasons
1-wax wipes away pinstripes
2-white residue after waxing

Has anybody used Vaseline on frame and forks ?
Am I going to ruin paint or any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never had a problem of pinstripes being removed or white residue with automotive wax.Maybe try a different brand.I have never used Vaseline either.I would think it would leave everything greasy .Donr wear good clothes while riding.lol

Gibbs Penetrating Oil. Available on eBay. I’ve used it with great success on paint, pinstripes, decals, screens, bare metal etc. Dry to the touch after a day or so, repels dust and dirt. Spray a little on paper towel and apply. Gave my wife a mint original paint/chrome Sting-Ray 6 years ago and have only used Gibbs on metal painted parts and chrome. Still looks spectacular, without one dab of wax, ever. Check it out.

48367312_10157216019511264_4658505293712326656_n.jpg

I would never use petroleum jelly for something like that. My lazy asp uses Pledge for a quick wipe n shine.
Lots of new products these days are marketed saying it's a wax/cleaner and in a spray bottle. I've never had the chance to check any out though.

Thank you

I just seem to get the slightest of white in the cracks of the paint
Either I’m not rubbing it all clean or it really cheap
And I end up wiping it with WD40 again just to get the white off

I’ll try some of the suggestions
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@eddie_bravo I like to use Howards Feed N/Wax furniture feeder/protectant. It is a no-dry wax/oil product made for any furniture finish, laquer/poly/oil or paint. It has no solvents so is safe for almost everything.. Wipe on wet and buff off with clean rag. Seals and protects paint, and makes the color pop. One of best secrets out there Eddie, your bikes will love it! :p Home Despot has it in the stain/finish department. Tall, clear plastic bottle yellow colored. Show us before/after results if you use it...

Back