When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Velo King Tricycle Pedal Cranks

-
Yeah, the first VK I bought was missing one crank. I've seen others for sale on ebay where the cranks were no longer 180 degrees out, but some other obtuse angle. After years of hard use, the square part of the crank that fits into the front hub becomes rounded off to the point it will actually turn inside the hub. I think part of the problem was the crank metal being a little softer than the hub. When I reassemble mine, I'm going to measure the square opening and crank shaft to see how much clearance exists between them. If it seems excess I might build the hub up a little with thin shim material so the cranks fit more snugly with very little room to move within the hub. Maybe that will help prevent future rounding off of the shaft...not that I plan on doing some hard riding on the trike. ;)

Dave

Hey Dave

Dave,
Mine are fine, so you should bid on the Ebay ones, that's a cheap price, even good to have as spares................Wayne

Looks like someone else grabbed this set near the end of the auction...thought you might have bought them until I saw your post. I bought a couple pairs from another seller a few years back, so I'm pretty well set in spare VK cranks. Not sure if this seller had any more sets to sell, but if he does he'll probably list them tomorrow.

Dave

Back