When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Velocitech

-

Jakbul

On Training Wheels
Howdy all,

Picked up a Velocitech at an estate auction a while ago, a literal barn find. Decals are torn up a bit on one side and the whole machine needs a good gone through before it will be road worthy. There aren't that many of these still around, best I can tell. They're absolutely oddball, given the 24" front and 20" rear, but it's certainly interesting. Wondering if anyone has any idea of the value. Once I've gotten everything cleaned, lubed and newly rubbered I'll most likely put it on ebay, just now sure of the starting point. Any help, pointers, advice, jokes about the madness of a hill climbing bicycle, warmly received.

Also picked up a his and hers pair of OSV Sport road bikes at the same auction. Almost no information about them out there other than that they were of French manufacture and covered in older Campy, 3ttt, etc. parts. Looks to have been built sometime in the 60s, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Thanks much,
Jack

Howdy all,

Picked up a Velocitech at an estate auction a while ago, a literal barn find. Decals are torn up a bit on one side and the whole machine needs a good gone through before it will be road worthy. There aren't that many of these still around, best I can tell. They're absolutely oddball, given the 24" front and 20" rear, but it's certainly interesting. Wondering if anyone has any idea of the value. Once I've gotten everything cleaned, lubed and newly rubbered I'll most likely put it on ebay, just now sure of the starting point. Any help, pointers, advice, jokes about the madness of a hill climbing bicycle, warmly received.

Also picked up a his and hers pair of OSV Sport road bikes at the same auction. Almost no information about them out there other than that they were of French manufacture and covered in older Campy, 3ttt, etc. parts. Looks to have been built sometime in the 60s, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Thanks much,
Jack
Tough to help without pics. V/r Shawn

Tough to help without pics. V/r Shawn
I have a bunch but am not interested in overwhelming the group. Let me know if more is better.
Jack

IMG_20220112_134144095.jpg

Screenshot_20220116-164333-487.png

-----

ugh, trying to operate that Mother Bell image software is driving me browser crazy

would like to see detail images of the OSV Sport machines but only if you can put them up in a different format...

thank you

-----

That Velocitech is cool! Kinda funky lookin' but I bet your right...not many around! I think it's an '85
I have no idea of value, sorry.

That Velocitech is cool! Kinda funky lookin' but I bet your right...not many around! I think it's an '85
I have no idea of value, sorry.
That's what I have on it as well. Built in Englewood, Colorado in 1985. No data on how many were built or how many are still out there. Saw one get sold on eBay that was a retro mod...frame and forks were original and everything else was modern. Went for around $1200.

That's what I have on it as well. Built in Englewood, Colorado in 1985. No data on how many were built or how many are still out there. Saw one get sold on eBay that was a retro mod...frame and forks were original and everything else was modern. Went for around $1200.
GLWS!

-----

ugh, trying to operate that Mother Bell image software is driving me browser crazy

would like to see detail images of the OSV Sport machines but only if you can put them up in a different format...

thank you

-----
Let me know if you want to see more or if you're still having issues viewing. The two of them are built identically so I only showed pics for one.

Back