When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very Cool Elgin Tribute Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BrentP

Finally riding a big boys bike
I just picked up this beauty for rambling around the neighborhood. Although it's not a classic, I think it's a cool tribute to that time. It's one of a limited run (#94 of 160) built to commemorate the 2007 50th anniversary of what is probably Canada's greatest bike shop (Bow Cycle in Calgary, est. 1957). A number of these were donated to various charities to auction off or sell to support their cause and I just got my hands on a brand new one through one of the charities.

The bike itself is inspired by early 30's Elgin designs. To my eye, it most closely resembles the Falcon/Black Hawk, but with the straight down-tube of the Oriole instead of the S-bend of the Falcon/Blackhawk. It's complete with a locking tool box (or in my case, a wine box) and very cool faux wood rims and a classic distressed leather Brooks saddle.

And yes, my girlfriend has named it. It is now known as "Bobby Bullet"

Bow57.jpeg
DSCF8195.JPG
DSCF8180.JPG
DSCF8183.JPG
DSCF8182.JPG

Ellsworth for those who don't know are high end manufacturer of mostly mountain bikes -- great looking bike with a large price tag --

An Ellsworth with the Turner 4-Bar suspension is a bike I'd love to own one day.

The twinbar tribute is sweet. Love the carbon fenders and looks like chainguard is carbon too.

This is so cool, I had to post a pic.

I grew up in Marin County California in the 60's, and used to ride my single speed '66 Sears Spaceliner all over the place on the fire roads in Marin long before the invention of the mountain bike on those same fire roads by guys like Gary Fisher. Anyway, I had a little plate with my name on it hanging from the back of the seat, designed to look like the license plate of a car. We moved to Canada and I thought the plate was lost long ago, but I found it last week when cleaning out my mother's house in preparation for her moving out of the home she's been in for close to 40 years.

Finding something like that, that brought back memories of the fun times I had growing up, almost brought a tear to my eye, and I immediately cleaned it up and put it on the seat of 'Bobby Bullet'. It's the PERFECT accessory.

License-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back