Very cool Pierce

• REMINDER: There is a 2-day bump rule for Classifieds forums. Please take a moment to review the rules by clicking HERE.

This ad disappears when logged in

troy boy

Look Ma, No Hands!
May 26, 2017
That is one fine bicycle. Are the pedal cages alloy I have only seen one other set of those. Mine Thanks for sharing Brian

kccomet

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Mar 23, 2009
Independence, United States
that pierce has some thin rear stays, great overall look

Dweber

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis, MO.
Serial Number is # (303434) (Angola Built) It is listed in the Pierce Bicycle Serial Numbers Registry
. Wish I had some past history on the bike. I found it hanging on the wall of a bicycle shop in St. Louis, MO. The gentleman I bought it from said it was given to his father many years ago. No history was passed on with the bike. Definitely a special Pierce with the open pencil rear stays and unique drop outs so the front wheels wont come off if they become loose.

gben

Jan 15, 2015
Once production was moved from Buffalo to Angola the bikes really just became examples of badge-engineering. It is a nice survivor but the Buffalo Pierce bikes are the real Pierce bikes and had many features that were erased along with the original company.

Dweber

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis, MO.
Once production was moved from Buffalo to Angola the bikes really just became examples of badge-engineering. It is a nice survivor but the Buffalo Pierce bikes are the real Pierce bikes and had many features that were erased along with the original company.
Tell me some of the differences between the Buffalo Pierce and the early (1917-1920's) Angola Pierce bicycles besides the head badge. I would be interested to know. Curious to hear what you have to say!

Last edited:

gben

Jan 15, 2015
Tell me some of the differences between the Buffalo Pierce and the early (1917-1920's) Angola Pierce bicycles besides the head badge. I would be interested to know. Curious to hear what you have to say!
There is a really good thread on this forum about Pierce bicycle serial numbers that is full of photos of bikes and other information about the company and the bikes.

The original Pierce company, which produced bicycles, motorcycles and automobiles, built high-quality items with original designs. Lots of USA companies start out this way, very few of them make it for long as they can not compete well with the manufacturers of low-cost items. When Pierce or any other similar company goes bankrupt it is usually bought up by a more successful company not so it's original costly product can continue to be manufactured, but so that it's name can be used to market what they are already manufacturing themselves. That is the history of capitalism in the USA and the world.

Here is a link to the thread on Pierce cycle serial numbers: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/pierce-bicycle-serial-numbers.71746/

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture