When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very Interesting Lugged Frame With Campy gear!

-

bits n pieces

Finally riding a big boys bike
Check out the lugs! They were almost all chrome. The paint is original with some touch ups. The sticker that used to be on front had a name with the letters abonn across the middle. I cant make out the beginning or end of the word. The hubs are normady, brakes are balilla, all campagnola deraileurs and shifters except rear which was replaced with a suntour for some reason. The lugs and brake bridge should id it. Thank you for any and all help!
IMG_4104.gif

IMG_4103.gif

IMG_4106.gif

IMG_4109.gif

IMG_4111.gif

IMG_4114.gif

IMG_4117.gif

IMG_4115.gif

IMG_4120.gif

IMG_4116.gif

bits and pieces

Hello,
It looks like a common lug used for many ,many european bicycles Italian and some French. I have had three different bicycles that had the same lugs. Maino, Torpado and Willer. I guess if it has Italian threads it Italian . First picture you posted it looks like the frame has a bend in it?
bicycle parts 034.jpg
newer 096.jpg
2-3-12 031.jpg

It has the name labonne on whats left of the hedbadge.

I guess its italian wally world bike! One bike with many names! Thank you everyone for your help!

Looks like an OLMO to me, Just thinking out loud. I have seen a badged OLMO with the same lugs, the same components(not a great indicator since so many others had that in common) and the same paint sceme.

Labonnes seem to surface a bunch here in the Philadelphia area, I wonder if they were imported around here. Don;t let the bits of Campagnolo and the flash of chrome fool you, they were low end bicycles. The Campy stuff is usually Gran Sport and are usually lipstick on the pig. I have seen poorly installed dropouts, seemed tubing, and they usually came with foil sticker decals.
Italian made though.

Back