When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very Rare 1930's French Golden Era Handbuilt Randonneur

-
Status
Please reply by conversation.

UncleFester

Look Ma, No Hands!
This is an extremely rare, prewar classic Golden Era bicycle. It represents the pinnacle of 1930's French touring bicycle innovation. The frame is a work of art. I have taken this handbuilt 1935/37?? French, Paris/Brest/ Paris technical trials bicycle as far as I am going to. To many other projects wanting attention.... Left the vestigial original paint in tact and sealed the first generation 531 Reynolds tubing, with Tung oil, I like the frame as is...great to see the incredible crafting of this one of a kind machine....every frame tube is stamped 531 Reynolds. The builder used a dual rear breaking system, a Maxi tourisme rear drum brake for long mountain descents under load...

During the “Golden Age,” small makers built amazing bicycles that transcended their function to become a form of art. Their craftsmanship was not limited to the frame, but included hand-made derailleurs, brakes, stems, racks and other components. The entire bicycle was carefully designed and crafted as a unit, combining function and beauty. Famous makers like René Herse, Alex Singer, Jo Routens and others spent countless hours on each bicycle in their search for perfection. This is one of those bikes...frame is 22" C-T. tires are Hutchinson 650b. Maxi hubs ront and rear have been relaced. Thanks rustyspokes66! It is pretty complete but the jockeys on the Cyclo derailleur seem to be an odd pitch? I have all the small parts like brake yokes/ferrels/orig bell papillon wing nuts and the rear cyclo derailleur cable.Asking $1,550.00, plus $125.00 shipping
IMG_3257.JPG
IMG_3260.JPG
IMG_3263.JPG
IMG_3267.JPG
IMG_3269.JPG
IMG_3264.JPG
IMG_3272.JPG
IMG_3274.JPG
IMG_3276.JPG
vbq14cover2.jpg

https://janheine.wordpress.com/2011/12/17/the-technical-trials/

Last edited: