When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very sad news

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
VERY sad news. Paul was a great guy. Always a big hello and very helpful. Have known Paul since about 1987. Lots of knowledge and friendliness goes with him. Rest In Peace. Keep an eye on all of us.

My Paul shirt -he loved this Hey Marta had I known when I gave you that light that it would turn into one of the most memorable quotable instant friendships of my life - it is such a small big world and the impact that Paul made on me will never be forgotten

20210323_195347.jpg

Paul is one of my all time favorite collectors and I considered him a good friend. He had a saying “these are the good old days” and I always took that to heart - our present time on earth is truly precious and we’re creating “our good old days everyday” I feel blessed to have known him and I’m very sad to hear this news. RIP PG!!! You will be sorely missed my friend. :coldsweat:

View attachment 1376602

I was digging around looking for an old email from someone else and stumbled across a 2012 email from PG that had this saying as his signature:

"Just because I am paranoid does not mean they are not after me"-
Paul Genaro
Sidney (central - the poor part!)NY USA
RUST=BUY SELL TRADE"

Which gave me a good laugh at the time and tinge of sadness just now. I only did a half dozen or so deals with him over the years, always something funny during or after it was done. The last thing I bought from him was a nice Schwinn Webb lever off of............ eBay. So when I posted up complaining about items never making it to the end of the auction who was the first to respond?

I wasn't close to the man like many of you were but I will certainly miss his humor.

I was digging around looking for an old email from someone else and stumbled across a 2012 email from PG that had this saying as his signature:

"Just because I am paranoid does not mean they are not after me"-
Paul Genaro
Sidney (central - the poor part!)NY USA
RUST=BUY SELL TRADE"

Which gave me a good laugh at the time and tinge of sadness just now. I only did a half dozen or so deals with him over the years, always something funny during or after it was done. The last thing I bought from him was a nice Schwinn Webb lever off of............ eBay. So when I posted up complaining about items never making it to the end of the auction who was the first to respond?

I wasn't close to the man like many of you were but I will certainly miss his humor.

Ive known Paul about 12yrs..that prob was not a joke

What a bummer. Paul was a truly unique man with a certain calmness I can't really describe. My first interaction with him some years ago was a brokered deal with a west coast buyer, to be concluded in the field at Copake. Our first conversation over the phone went something like this - me, "I'll be in a dark green Chevy van." Paul, "I'll be in a crusty white Dodge van, but just look for a big disheveled guy with one eye." Always friendly, always smiling - rest in peace Paul.
yep, that was me. I hadn't been on the CABE for too long when I went batsh*t crazy for Silver Kings. Paul and I had done some business and one day, out of the blue, I get a message "...what do you think about a 26X" ? I almost fell over. Paul "...knew a guy..." and the rest, as they say, is history. (it's featured in the Silver King thread) as the bike rolled across the lawn at Copake I'm pretty sure there was at least one CABEr in attendance saying to himself "who's the lucky bastard who bought THAT thing" ? Dean / dfa242 was kind enough to not only pick the bike up but ship as well. it's still here and ain't goin' no place! my heartfelt thanks to you both. RIP Paul. I hope where ever you wind up there's a swap meet or garage sale every day of the week :cool:

Back